- SpaceX begins 2019 with eighth and final launch for upgraded Iridium network Spaceflight Now
- Watch SpaceX's Flawless Falcon 9 Nail Its First Mission Landing of 2019 Inverse
- SpaceX cuts hundreds of staff after their last mission for Iridium TechSpot
- SpaceX’s first 2019 launch completes iridium satellite network The Indian Express
- View full coverage on Google News
SpaceX kicked the year off with a textbook launch and first-stage recovery. On Friday, Elon Musk’s rocket company lifted ten satellites into orbit with a flight-proven Falcon 9 at 10:32 a.m. Eastern. The launch system took off from the Vanderberg Air Force Base in California.
COO Gwynne Shotwell revealed that about 7,000 people worked for SpaceX in late 2017, which means at least 700 people have lost their jobs. SpaceX isn’t answering questions about which departments they worked for or any details about compensation. They…
SpaceX began releasing them into orbit about an hour later at an altitude of roughly 390 miles and completed deployment within 15 minutes.
Last year astronomers witnessed an explosion like no other. Now astronomers are debating if what they witnessed was the exact moment a star became a black hole.