- James Watson: The most controversial statements made by the father of DNA The Independent
- Nobel Prize-winning scientist stripped of last honorary titles over racist comments Euronews English
- DNA pioneer James Watson stripped of honours after 'reckless' race remarks Sky News
- Lab strips titles of genetic pioneer over race remarks Newsday
- DNA pioneer James Watson has final honours stripped amid racism row The Independent
- View full coverage on Google News
James Watson is undoubtedly one of the world’s greatest living scientists. Awarded a Nobel Prize for his work unravelling the double-helix structure of DNA while still a young man, the geneticist went on to be a leading light in the molecular biology revolution that followed. He has led major research institutions and spearheaded the Human Genome Project, which successfully
Dr. James Watson told a recenty-aired PBS documentary that genes can cause a difference on average between blacks and whites in IQ tests.
Eminent geneticist James Watson has had the last of his honorary titles stripped from him after doubling down on controversial statements about race and intelligence.