- Blue Monday? Trade Figures from China Shake the US Stock Markets, Dow Futures Fall CCN
- Dow set to sink | US-China trade gap widens | Shutdown enters Day 24 CNBC
- U.S. Stock Futures Fall on U.S Shutdown, Bank-Earnings Worries Bloomberg
- US stock futures fall on growth concerns with earnings eyed Financial Times
- Dow falls more than 100 points on concern about poor earnings CNBC
- View full coverage on Google News
New trade data from China is fuelling fears of global recession. Stock markets in Asia and Europe fell in reaction. A premarket drop for Dow futures points to a tough day for the US stock markets. Europe’s leading 300 share index, the FTSEurofirst 300 Index (FTEU3), fell 0.7% in early trading. Asia saw declines with the
U.S. stock futures are pointing to a lower Wall Street open on weak China trade data and general concerns about a weakening global economy.
Stocks fell as the U.S. earnings season kicked off. Concerns over an economic slowdown in China also dampened sentiment to start off the week.